Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dr. Barrett of Quackwatch faces legal thuggery from Doctor's Data

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2010/06/more_legal_thuggery.php


I don't have much more to add to this story. But I would like to say that the silencing and bullying tactics that are being used against Barrett are the same ones that people with autism face when confronting lies about the origins of autism and the snipe chase of a cure.
I have been criticized before for letting my identity as a skeptic get in the way of my autism blogging, but I say that being both a skeptic and autistic, the issues that the two deal with are equal in importance to me, and I feel that it is important that people with autism collaborate with members of the skeptic community to create the best income for people with autism. Truth is the root of the skeptical movement, and what's good for truth is good for autism.

Donate to Barrett's legal defense here through his website, Quackwatch: http://www.quackwatch.org/00AboutQuackwatch/donations.html

And while you're there, check out the website. It's an invaluable tool for science based medicine and making reasonable, educated decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment